Amenities & Inn Policies
HARTWELL HOUSE INN BED AND BREAKFAST
- King or Queen bed – some four-poster or canopy beds
- Private bath
- Air Conditioning
- Wireless Internet access throughout the inn and conference center
- Iron & Ironing board
- Alarm clock
- Hair Dryer
- French doors to deck or terrace (in most Deluxe Rooms and all Suites)
- Coffee Maker (in Studios, Suites and most Deluxe Rooms)
- Gilchrest & Soames “English Spa Collection” toiletries
- Many of our accommodations offer 32″ HD flatscreens. Some, however, have been reserved without to retain a tranquil and romantic feel.
- Holiday and summer weekends: 2-night minimum stay required.
(President’s Day, Labor Day, Columbus Day, Thanksgiving, New Year’s Eve)
- Rates are for single or double occupancy and include gourmet breakfast and afternoon tea and sweets. Maximum occupancy per room is two.
- 7% Maine tax will be added to all rates.
- The Hartwell House Inn serves as an intimate, romantic setting for adults who wish to relax. Children 14 years of age and older are welcome but must be accompanied by an adult in their accommodation for the reservation period.
- All major credit cards accepted.
- Deposits and Cancellations: A deposit equal to one-half the entire amount (or minimum of one-night) is required to confirm a reservation. The balance is due upon arrival. In the event of cancellation with less than two weeks’ notice, deposit is non-refundable. With over 14 days notice deposit is refundable less a $25.00 processing fee. Guests are responsible for payment in full of reserved dates, despite late arrivals or early departures.
- Check-in Time: from 3-8:00 p.m. (or by prior arrangement)
- Check-out Time: promptly by 11:00 a.m.
- Late Check-outs: A later than normal check-out is sometimes available. There is a nominal fee ($25 – $75) for any late check-out, but it is not available during holidays or when another guest is checking into your room. A late check-out can only be confirmed after 6:00 pm the night before your departure.
- Late Arrival: If you find it necessary to request a Late Arrival, our staff can accommodate you. However, due to the limited availability and cost associated with staffing for a facility of our size, an additional charge of $35.00 will be required.
- Sorry, no pets
- The inn is a non-smoking environment. VIOLATION OF THE NO SMOKING POLICY WILL RESULT IN A $250.00 SERVICE CHARGE.
- Please take note that we are sorry to say that we cannot accept responsibility for personal belongings that are left in either a guest’s room or car, as well as, any damage that may occur to a guest’s vehicle. All personal guest belongings will be returned to the guest by UPS, signature required and shipping charged to the guests personal credit card.